Did you know? Apple App Store has more than 2.09 million iOS applications. (Source: Statista)
iOS provides the best user experience, and developers can create powerful applications using its SDK. If you want to create a successful iOS application in today’s ever-changing world, you need to have a well-designed and user-friendly app.
You must design and develop your app to provide consumers with a unique experience! It won’t attract if your app is merely another in a sea of similar apps.
So, what are the requirements for designing and developing a standout iOS app?
You will, however, require the following:
- Highly experienced iOS App Developer
- Clear requirements
- Better project management
These things will ensure the success of this project! So, how do you hire an iOS developer for your project?
It can be tricky, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. Moreover, this article will provide a comprehensive guide to hiring iOS developers. First, let’s take a look at some of you need to consider before hiring an iOS developer.
Here, you can learn more about the How To Hire Android Developers For Your Project – Complete Guide .
What is iOS App Development And Its Popularity?
iOS app development is a process of creating applications for iPhone and iPad devices using the iOS SDK. The iOS SDK provides various tools and frameworks that help developers build powerful and user-friendly applications.
Since its release in 2007, iOS has become one of the most popular mobile platforms in the world. As per Statista data, between 2017 and 2021, the Apple App Store’s global gross revenues increased by 120 percent, with consumers spending an anticipated 85.1 billion US dollars on in-app purchases, subscriptions, and premium apps in 2021.
But why is an iOS mobile application so popular?
There are several reasons:
- iOS provides the best user experience.
- iOS applications are more secure.
- iOS applications are more reliable.
- iOS app’s speed and performance are higher
Hiring An iOS Developer- What Are The Must-Have Skills?
When hiring an iOS developer, it’s essential to ensure that they have the necessary skills and experience. Here is a quick overview of some of the skills that you should look for:
- Experience in Swift or Objective-C programming languages.
- Experience in developing iOS applications using the iOS SDK.
- Experience in using Apple’s Xcode development environment.
- Knowledge of basic iOS UIUX design principles.
- Understanding of Apple’s design guidelines and human interface guidelines
- Knowledge of standard iOS APIs and frameworks.
- Good debugging skills.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
Now that you know what technical & non-technical skills to look for let’s understand the hiring process for an iOS developer.
Here, you can learn more about How to Hire Remote Developers – A Complete Guide.
The Process Of Hiring An iOS Developer
- Define Your Requirements
Before you can start interviewing any iOS-specific candidates, you need to define your requirements and write a job description. Thus, it will help you attract suitable iOS mobile application developers and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Your requirements should include:
- The programming language(s) that the developer must know.
- The experience and skills that the developer must have.
- The type of applications the developer will be working on.
- The level of expertise required (junior, intermediate, or senior).
- Any other special requirements (e.g., knowledge of a specific API or framework).
- Post The Job Ad
A job post is the best way to find a qualified iOS developer. You can post your job ad on job boards, social media, and your company website. It’s essential to write a clear and concise job ad so that candidates can understand the requirements and apply if they are qualified.
Once you’ve defined your requirements, you can post your job ad on the following websites:
- Job Boards: AngelList, Indeed, Upwork, etc.
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Company Website: Your company website should have a section for jobs, and you can post the job ad there.
- Screen The Applications
Once you’ve received a few iOS developer applications, it’s time to start screening them. This can be done by reviewing the candidates’ resumes and checking the level of experience and skills they have.
It’s important to screen candidates carefully to ensure that they are qualified for the job. This step will help you save time and money in the long run. Also, you will only invite the best ones to interviews.
- Interview The Shortlisted iOS Developer
Once you’ve selected a few iOS app developers, it’s time to start interviewing them. Moreover, this can be done in person or over the phone/via Skype.
The interview process should include the following:
- A summary of the work and its prerequisites.
- A technical test to see if the candidate has the necessary skills.
- A project test to see if the candidate can do the job.
- Questions about the candidate’s experience and skills.
Furthermore, here is a list of questions that you can ask candidates for an iOS app development project:
- What is Swift programming?
- What JSON framework does iOS (iPhone OS) support)?
- What tools can be used to construct the interface for iOS?
- What are UI Elements in iOS?
- What are some common execution states in iOS?
- Have you created any iOS applications prior?
- Hire The Best Candidate
After you’ve interviewed all the candidates, it’s time to select the best iOS app developer and make an offer. Make sure that you discuss salary, benefits, and other terms and conditions before making an offer.
Besides, it’s essential to take your time when hiring an iOS developer. This will ensure that you get the best candidate for the job.
Here, you can learn more about How To Hire iOS Developers For Your Project – A Comprehensive Guide.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire iOS App Developers In India?
The cost to hire iOS developers in India varies depending on the level of experience required and the city you are hiring them from.
A junior iOS developer can be hired for around $10-15 per hour in India, while a senior iOS developer can be hired for approximately $25-35 per hour.
Hiring an iOS developer in India is a cost-effective option than hiring one in the United States or Europe.
Whether you’re looking to develop a new app for an Apple device or update an existing one, you need to have the right development team. Hiring an iOS developer can be daunting, but it’s essential to take your time and screen candidates carefully.
So, while hiring, candidates check technical skills like Swift and Objective-C programming language knowledge. Non-tech skills essential for iOS developers include strong communication and problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn new things.
However, if you follow the above tips, you’ll be able to find the perfect iOS developer for your team. Although hiring an iOS developer in the United States or Europe can be expensive, employing one in India is cost-effective.
For that, you can reach out to app development companies like ScalaCode, which offer well-certified iOS developers for your project. Moreover, you can hire them as per your requirement means hourly basis, full-time or part-time developers.